Famous Last Words: after a terrible week

 reading: For this week, I chose to read the nursery rhymes unit. I was able to read both portions fairly quickly because it went by fast and it was also fun to read. A lot of the rhymes reminded me of my childhood, which was both sweet and also sad. I had many sweet memories of staying with my grandma and grandpa and singing these rhymes (and many, many other random little songs/sayings) over and over again with them. I enjoyed reflecting on those memories I didn't even know I had but then was awoken from that trance by remembering my grandpa passed in September. It's something I won't get used to for years, or ever because of how close my family is. But being reminded of these memories is something I will always be grateful for! It just shows how much he impacted my life (even in totally random, small ways). Another thing similar to this happened in my Chem recitation a few weeks ago. We analyzing a research article about Soil Chemistry. We hadn't covered this topic in lecture so it felt random but once I finally realized the topic of the paper, I realized it was what my grandpa had his PhD in! This connection boosted my mood and made me feel close to him. 

writing: I had a really hard time trying to rewrite something from a nursery rhyme/story so I decided to do a storylab for the week. My story lab was over tropes which was actually very surprising to learn about. One of my favorite stories written by another student that I actually read this week was "Writing the World. " I loved the way the author wrote and the voice he gave his characters. I actually bookmarked it to keep up with. 

goals: As my title suggests, week 12 was a really rough week. This week I had: chem 2 exam, spanish 3 exam (which I didn't know about till the day before), a 5 page lab report, assignments for this class, and assignments for another lab i'm in. It was really exhausting, I consumed far too much caffeine, and had too little sleep. But i'm happy to say it was all worth it, I got everything completed. I finished this week in a such a good mood. It was honestly the best I had felt in months and it felt foreign compared to the rut I've been in. I'm hoping this boost will carry me into week 13. I had originally planned to finish this class early with an A, but life got in the way and I don't know if I'll be able to do either of those things! But I'm trying to learn to breath through the inconveniences life throws at me. 


A picture of my grandpa and I that I keep taped to my chem notebook. All he ever wanted from me was for me to do my best, so by sticking it there I can feel that reminder. Source: my phone



Comments

Popular Posts