week 8 reading & writing

Looking Back:

I've been tweaking around with my blog settings for a little bit and I think I got it somewhere acceptable. None of my pictures match, which I wish they did for aesthetic purposes but I also kind of like the randomness. I like my portfolio website much better than my blog, but I think that has to do with the actual website source. 

I still struggle a small bit with the reading+note taking portions of the week, but I'm definitely getting better as the weeks go by. I'm still working on 'reading like a writer' because I'm so used to reading like a researcher or reading like a scientist (HES major) so it's still new to me. But I think I'm doing pretty well with the retelling assignments, and I have fun doing it so that makes it better! I think my favorite story I have retold is "Finding Pambe's Paradise." I really how I told the story from the pambe's perspective instead of the fisherman's. I would have to say my biggest accomplishment so far in this class is not being nervous about what I'm writing. I was a little nervous to have people read what I was writing because writing has never been my strong suit and I have always been insecure about it. But this class is very welcoming and accepting of writers at all different levels and styles! (whew) 

Looking Ahead:

I think moving further into the semester I need to focus on putting more details in my story. These details could come from the original story or outside researcher done. I did a small amount of research about pambes before I wrote my story and it really helped me dive into the character. 


This picture is from week 1, growth mindset. I wanted to reuse this picture because I really try to live by what it's saying. School is hard and life is hard right now but they're just small obstacles to get to the bigger goal. Source: Pinterest


Comments

Popular Posts